Law Office Manager
About the Company:
Monyo Law is a fast-growing law firm that has become a leader in providing legal services in the areas of Real Estate and Immigration Law within the African Community in Alberta. The firm is now requiring an Office Manager role to assist with the growing business and service delivery to her growing clientele.
- Keeping, monitoring, and appropriately filing administrative financial records.
- Organizing and controlling the operations by providing administrative services.
- Implementing relevant internal policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with the Law Society of Alberta rules for Know Your Customer identification and record keeping requirements.
- Maintaining sufficient inventory of supplies.
- Managing and negotiating vendor contracts.
- Ensuring that all electronic data and files are properly safeguarded.
- Responsible for maintenance of client relationships, mortgage brokers, lenders, and other business partnerships.
- Direct, supervise, train and mentor legal assistants.
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred.
- Outstanding client relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to multi-task, and to work as part of a team and also independently with minimal direction.
- Effective telephone skills and predicated on strong polite communications skills
- Experience in financial management responsibilities and reporting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accessing information from Legal Practice Management Software and other account management software.
- Demonstrated experience in using computer applications, MS Office Suite, and presentation software.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Strong ethical values and ability to maintain the strictest standards of client privacy and confidentiality.
- Flexible to respond to emerging priorities.
- Outgoing personality with excellent leadership skills.
- Proficiency in Kiswahili, Amharic, Tigrinya is an added advantage.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation will be based on experience, skills and consistent with similar positions.
- Health and Dental Benefits.
- 8-hour shift * Monday to Friday.
- Work remotely: * No